Geosam is a private real estate development and management firm with operations in Florida Georgia, North Carolina and Texas. We own and manage several commercial and residential properties and have many exciting new land development and construction projects underway. With Geosam’s success comes growth within our organization. As such, we are inviting qualified, enthusiastic applicants to apply for the opportunity to join our amazing team in our central Florida division.
The Role: Real Estate Paralegal
As our Real Estate Paralegal, you will collaborate internally with our Corporate Counsel, Operations, Sales and Finance teams as well as our clients, their attorneys, closing agents, escrow agents. Your job responsibilities will include the following:
- From land purchase through to development completion, ensure all required paperwork is completed and passed on to the necessary parties.
- Ensure all aspects of our contracts are in full compliance, including all critical date/milestones are achieved, including deposit funding, waiver of inspection period, extensions, closing dates, lot pricing.
- Review closing statement and all closing docs for accuracy prior to internal execution including proper lot pricing, pro rations, credits applied, closing cost allocations between buyer and seller.
- Assist Corporate Counsel in preparing contracts and correspondence
- Manage communication, document execution and workflow for closings.
- Work with municipalities, governmental agencies, and outside consultants in obtaining key due diligence information and documentation.
- Coordinate acquisition/sales file management, involving coordinating all aspects of an acquisition/sales and ensuring appropriate steps are taken in a timely fashion.
- Create and maintain closing checklists for all real estate deals.
- Assist in the due diligence process and update checklists
- Prepare and maintain monthly lot inventory report to track all sales and revenue earned, changes in lot count, acreage or inventory, target pricing, updates and changes to lot takedown agreements.
- Prepare and maintain monthly market flash report to track all construction and sale progress by our builders, including collecting and analyzing data obtained from the field at each subdivision.
To be successful within the Geosam team, you must be tenacious, willing to work hard and able to pivot often. You bring a ‘can-do’, self-start motivation, and have a desire to hit and exceed goals with your follow through on commitments. As our Real Estate Paralegal, you will also possess the following qualifications:
- Two years Paralegal experience preferably with Land/Real Estate Development
- Familiarity with municipal regulations and approval processes
- Understanding of land entitlement processes and procedures.
- Experience in real estate transaction, HOA’s
- Qualified to notarize document
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Extensive knowledge in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
- Self-motivated with ability to work well on a team.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- Excellent project management/coordination skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express candor and conviction in priorities and be able to critically receive the same
- Strong negotiation, problem solving and relationship-building abilities
- Self-starter who can effectively work with minimal supervision when required
- Proven ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Ambitious, energetic, decisive & hard-working
- Must have a valid Driver’s License be able to drive to/from sites, offices and more.
If you are excited about what you’ve read and can see yourself in this role, please send your resume and cover letter to:
We thank all candidates who are interested in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.