Property Manager in Florida
August 31, 2021
Geosam is a private real estate development and management firm with operations in Florida Georgia, North Carolina and Texas. We own and manage several commercial and residential properties and have many exciting new land development and construction projects underway. With Geosam’s success comes growth within our organization. As such, we are inviting qualified, enthusiastic applicants to apply for the opportunity to join our amazing team in our central Florida division.
The Role: Property Manager-Residential & Commercial
The Property Manager primary responsibilities will include property management, leasing/sales, tenant relations and HOA responsibilities. More specifically, duties will include
- Oversee commercial and residential leasing including condos, single family homes for rent
- Facilitating/negotiating sales, new leases, lease renewals
- Ensure that lease files are completed and property executed, in accordance with local laws and approved operating policies.
- Collections and evictions including managing counsel for tenant defaults or arrears.
- Overseeing Maintenance Technician position
- Physically walk and inspect community on a regular basis.
- Coordinate all maintenance requests including timely work on apartments after move-out. Oversight of maintenance work orders.
- Engage and manage outside lease brokers as needed
- Monitor progress on active projects to ensure on schedule
- Hiring/overseeing contractors as required to perform maintenance and other tasks
- Purchase supplies and services as needed to maintain building, within approval limits
- Prepare bid recommendations with supporting data
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions
- HOA responsibilities will include acting as Director on Boards, attend, participate in HOA meetings and oversight of management company
- Weekly reporting and updates on income properties & HOA’s
- Prepare and submit information/reports as required for finance/accounting
- Other duties as required
To be successful within the Geosam team, you must be tenacious, willing to work hard and able to pivot often. You bring a ‘can-do’, self-start motivation, and a pragmatic, outside the box thinking. You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in residential/commercial property management
- Leasing/Sales experience
- An understanding of building operations
- Self-starter who can effectively work with minimal supervision when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express candor and conviction in priorities and be able to critically receive the same
- Strong negotiation, problem solving and relationship-building abilities
- Financial awareness, knowledge of budget process, minimization of controllable costs and optimum utilization of resources
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of YARDI software an asset
How To Apply
If this sound like a role suited for you, please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we greatly appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.