As the Sr. Project Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with and/or undertaking ‘end to end’ project management of new buildings and renovations to existing properties, primarily for the Company’s portfolio of institutional and commercial properties in Halifax. This position will also be responsible for providing project and construction management expertise to related companies as required. Other core responsibilities include:
- - Act as a facilitator so all stakeholders are well informed on a timely basis
- - Research design and equipment options and coordinate with Asset Management colleagues in regard to project plan life cycle costing etc.
- - Represent Armco in regulatory, project and construction meetings, and manage relationship development with key stakeholders
- - Preparation and management of project budgets for all capital improvement, refurbishment and tenant improvement works, as well as continuous budget tracking including monthly and quarterly forecasting
- - Active participation with the design team, maintaining a finger on the pulse of the design on a day-by-day basis
- - Provide senior management with quality recommendations of selection of general contractors and sub-trade contractors.
- - Assist in the review and award of construction contracts
- - Oversee tenant improvement and significant capital works projects through design, permitting, tender, construction through to operation
- - Participate in property acquisition and/or disposal as part of a larger specialist due diligence team
- - Perform construction related inspections, system functional testing, take over inspection and liaise with contractors on all outstanding, deficient items accordingly
- - Work with the Facility Management team during the first year of operations, overseeing building matters that are the responsibility of the construction and/or design team and assist in refining the operational efficiency of the building
- - Participate in the preparation of annual real asset operations and maintenance budgets
As the successful candidate, you will thrive in managing multiple projects simultaneously achieving established milestones all while ensuring you fairly and professionally represent the clients’ best interests and report progress regularly. Sound Easy? Then you should also possess the following experience that make you the successful candidate:
- - Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills
- - A proven track record in commercial construction and/or the commercial real estate development industries
- Proficient knowledge of the skilled trades with commercial general contracting experience o Demonstrated excellence with respect to problem solving capability
- - Solid ability in the use of Microsoft Project, as well as the standard Microsoft suite of office productivity software o Ability to travel away from Halifax for up to a week at a time, own a vehicle and clean driving record (mileage is reimbursed)
- - Technical training in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering technology, ideally with P.Eng, registration
- - Proven end-to-end Project Management experience
- - Minimum 5 years of progressively increased responsibility in construction related management
- - Participation in at least one project that has achieved LEED certification
- - General knowledge of commercial facility operational requirements would be an asset
- - Formal project management training
To be successful within the Armco team, you must be tenacious, experienced, willing to work hard and able to pivot often. You bring a ‘can-do’, self-start motivation and have a desire to hit and exceed goals. You do not lose sight of opportunities to positively affect clients, colleagues and your team. As a new member of the Armco team, you will become a key influencer in generating a culture of enthusiasm and success.
If this sound like a role suited for you, please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Next Sr. Project Manager. While we greatly appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.