Geosam is a private real estate development and management firm with operations in Georgia, North Carolina, Florida and Texas. We own and manage several commercial and residential properties and have many exciting new land development and construction projects underway. With Geosam’s success comes growth within our organization. As such, we are inviting qualified, enthusiastic applicants to apply for the opportunity to join our amazing team in our Atlanta Division.
The Role: Engineering Manager (Residential & Commercial Development)
The Engineering Manager will oversee and manage the various engineering requirements for all residential and commercial development projects, within our Atlanta Division. Your job responsibilities will include the following:
Oversight of all engineering requirements related to obtaining entitlements for civil infrastructure for land development
- Responsible for maintaining project entitlements.
- Responsible for producing concept plans on prospective projects.
- Assist with obtaining all required permits from local
- Oversee outside consultants including civil, traffic, and geotechnical engineers, surveyors, environmental scientists, and landscape architects in preparation of required construction documents and
- Assists in preparing and maintaining project site
- Assists in contract negotiations for services to be performed by outside consultants such as engineers, surveyors, environmentalists, and
- Assists in Due Diligence phase of potential land
- Responsible for the identification of value engineering cost
- Assist in preparation of Bid Packages to include Scopes of Work, Cost Schedules, Insurance Requirements, other exhibits, plans and cover
- Participate with other team members in selecting qualified
- Assist in contract negotiations with preferred Bidder and award contract if
- Assist in preparation of Construction Contracts including Standard Agreement, General and Supplemental Conditions, Cost Schedule, Project Schedule and other addenda and
- Assist with preparation of cost estimates for securing performance
- Assist with inspections from local jurisdictions and other regulatory agencies while preparing corresponding paperwork. Ensure that work is in compliance with City or County land development codes and
- Ensure the workmanship and quality of all work by observing and approving engineers, architects and other contractors work.
- Assist in the processing of as-built plans and required paperwork for local agency acceptance of the improvements and release of performance
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful within the Geosam team, you must be tenacious, willing to work hard and able to pivot often. You bring a ‘can-do’, self-start motivation, and have a desire to hit and exceed goals with your follow through on commitments. As our Engineering Manager, you will also possess the following qualifications:
- Qualified candidates will possess any combination of a Bachelor degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or equivalent discipline from a four-year college or university and civil engineering design experience; or equivalent combination of education and
- Five (5) years minimum experience in land development and construction engineering.
- Advanced PC skills, including use of Word, Excel, AutoCAD and MS Project
- Proven ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Strong negotiation, problem solving abilities
- Self-starter who can effectively work with minimal supervision when required
- Ambitious, energetic, decisive & hard-working
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License be able to drive to/from sites, offices and more
If you are excited about what you’ve read and can see yourself in this role, please send your resume and cover letter to
We thank all candidates who are interested in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.